Today's show explains what a special counsel determined about classified documents found at President Biden's home and private office. Other topics include the alleged threats posed by Chinese hackers, the way Colombia coordinates flower exports, the cost of Super Bowl watch parties, and the "goodbye pies" that uniquely employ pizza.
This Friday's news quiz covers topics featured throughout the week on The World from A to Z:
1. What South American nation recently declared a state of emergency as dozens of wildfires raged across the country, threatening urban areas like the port city of Valparaiso?
2. Recent U.S. airstrikes in Iraq and Syria targeted areas used by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, which is a military branch of what nation?
3. The atmospheric river that brought flooding to California this week is nicknamed “Pineapple Express” because it reaches the U.S. West Coast all the way from what distant state?
4. Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia is a temporary condition that affects what part of the body, which is also being studied for the potential to implant AI devices there?
5. In what country, which is the second-most populated in the world, did freezing rain, ice and blizzards disrupt travel for many people ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday?
6. Charles III, who was recently diagnosed with cancer, has served as king of what country since his mother passed away in 2022?
7. Archaeologists are racing to study a mysterious and historic shipwreck on the coast of what country, where tides are expected to carry the wreckage back out to sea?
8. Name the former Scottish monarch who was executed in England on February 8, 1587 after she was found guilty of treason.
9. What South American nation, which is the world’s second-largest exporter of flowers, utilizes a “petal plan” to coordinate everything from farming to flying flowers?
10. The National Retail Federation expects Americans will spend a record $17.3 billion on food, clothing and decorations for what event?