What could be the long-term effects of continued attacks on civilian ships in the Red Sea? How did Cubans react to a government plan to increase fuel prices by 500 percent before officials delayed the decision? How did a Mexican woman get started on her mission to rescue and rehabilitate hummingbirds? And how did some of our viewers react to a recent soup attack on the Mona Lisa? The answers to these questions and more are featured on today's show!
This Friday's news quiz covers topics featured throughout the week on The World from A to Z:
1. What Middle Eastern nation was initially blamed by the U.S. for a recent drone attack that killed three American troops and wounded dozens of others in Jordan?
2. Historians believe that January 29th marked the 429th anniversary of the first performance of what play, a romantic tragedy by William Shakespeare?
3. On Sunday, two activists attempted to draw attention to what they called “a healthy and durable diet” by throwing soup at what famous artwork (which was unharmed)?
4. In what South American nation have police made thousands of arrests amid a spike in drug violence and a war between the government and gangs?
5. At an airport in the Colombian capital of Bogotá, police recently seized 130 illegally transported specimens of what kind of animal?
6. What is the name of the large, Chinese property developer that a Hong Kong court ordered to be liquidated to pay back some of its massive debt?
7. This week, sulfonic acid from an overturned truck spilled into a river of what country, threatening the water supply of a nearby city and prompting a criminal investigation?
8. Name two of the five companies whose CEOs faced a tense hearing on Capitol Hill this week – a hearing focused on accusations that their platforms have harmed some young users.
9. A group of deep-sea explorers believe they might have recently located the long-lost plane of what historic American aviator?
10. The government of what Caribbean nation, which was set to impose a 500 percent increase in the cost of fuel this week, suddenly changed its plans and delayed the price hike?